Some Stats on B Corps
Certified B Corporations® (B Corps) are for-profit companies that use the power of business to build a more inclusive and sustainable economy. They meet the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability, and are certified by the nonprofit B Lab. The B Impact Assessment (BIA) is the standard used for B Corp Certification, and the BIA includes an entire section about Workers (including employees and contractors). With rigorous questions in this section reflecting best practices for social impact businesses around employee ownership, pay, transparency, inclusion, healthcare, benefits, time off, and more, it’s no wonder that more and more job seekers are looking to work at a Certified B Corporation. According to B Lab:
- B Corps outperform other businesses by 10% on providing high-quality jobs.
- B Corps are 27% more likely to pay all of their hourly workers a living wage.
- The majority of B Corps have a high-to-low pay ratio that is 1.5 or lower.
- B Corps are 81% more likely to have transgender-inclusive health care coverage.
- 88% of service industry B Corps allow flex-time schedules.